The School’s practical nursing program is designed to prepare graduates on how to provide safe and compassionate nursing care under the supervision of registered nurse or licensed physician. Upon completion of the program, the graduate will be able to:
- Practice as a beginning healthcare team member within the framework established by the Nurse Practice Act of the State of Florida.
- Recognize each person holistically with physiological, emotional, social, and spiritual needs, which must be considered for adaptation on the healthillness continuum.
- Differentiate basic patient needs. An LPN will be able to recognize patient need and refer them to other members of the healthcare team.
- Assist the registered nurse with the development, implementation and revision of the nursing care plan, to meet patient needs.
- Perform appropriate nursing interventions accurately and safely, based on scientific principles.
- Document concise, factual patient observation and activities in the medical record according to institutional policies and procedures.
- Evaluate own effectiveness in the delivery of patient care.
- Promote therapeutic interpersonal relationships through demonstration of a positive attitude and caring verbal and non-verbal communication.
- Recognize the necessity of continuing education to promote personal growth and professional development.
- Work cooperatively with healthcare disciplines and community resources to deliver optimum care to assigned patients.
For more information please view our brochure or call (305) 285-2777.