COVID-19 positive? Donate blood.
COVID-19 convalescent plasma is an emergency treatment to help critically ill coronavirus patients.
OneBlood, a not-for-profit blood donation center, is collecting COVID-19 convalescent plasma from people who have recovered from the coronavirus infection so it can be transfused to people with life-threatening COVID-19 in hopes of saving lives.
How you can help:
If you have been diagnosed positive with coronavirus, you may be eligible to donate blood to critically-ill patients battling covid-19.
If you meet certain criteria:
- You must be eligible to donate blood
- You must have a prior diagnosis of COVID-19 documented by a laboratory test
- You must have fully recovered from COVID-19 with complete resolution of symptoms for at least 14 days before donating plasma for this purpose
- You must have a negative result for COVID-19
- If there is not a negative result, then the candidate must be fully recovered for at least 28 days
Where to donate:
If you think you qualify and are willing to help, or if you have questions about being a COVID-19 convalescent plasma donor, please make an appointment at a location near you.