Mercy Hospital is now offering a tele‑behavioral service
We are continuing to offer new ways to assure uninterrupted compassionate care for your physical and mental health wellness. Our inpatient and outpatient programs remain open, and we are taking every precaution by following CDC guidelines to keep our staff and patients safe.
We are excited to offer our patients the option to participate via a virtual technology platform in our Outpatient Program.
Here is how the telemental health program serves our behavioral health patients:
- Deliver expert clinical care to those that are unable to continue face to face treatment.
- Utilize WebEx Meetings, a secure HIPAA compliant platform that is easy to use for both the provider and the patient.
- Ensure patient confidentiality with an informed consent for treatment.
- Establish a plan for behavioral health emergencies that may present during a telehealth visit reviewed with each patient before each session.
- Reduces potential exposure to viral pathogens, while maintaining patients' connection to others.
- Evaluation for appropriateness will include training and set up for patients.
Patients that are appropriate for virtual group setting will need:
- Access to laptop, tablet, or mobile device with audio and video in real time.
- Access to dedicated internet access.
- Ability to download the WebEx Meetings app.
- Ability to navigate tele platform.
- Have private, confidential meeting space.
If you have a patient in need of inpatient or outpatient behavioral health services, please call our team at (305) 285-2629.
Behavioral health care in south Miami-Dade County
Mercy Miami Hospital’s behavioral health specialists strive to achieve excellent patient outcomes within a compassionate and caring environment. We provide our patients with the best treatment available through a combination of certified professionals, care coordination and preventive mental health programs.
If you feel that someone is a threat to themselves or others, call 911.
Mental health conditions we treat
All Mercy behavioral health programs are staffed by multidisciplinary teams of licensed professionals, including psychiatrists, registered nurses, clinical social workers and dietitians.
This specialized mental health team offers hope and support for individuals with a wide range of behavioral and mental health needs. Conditions we treat include:
- Grief and loss
- Panic and anxiety
- Trauma recovery
- Bipolar disorder
- Relationship issues
- Family conflict
- Mood disorders
Our behavioral health treatment program
Our mental health services include both individual- and group-based therapy options. We also offer bilingual therapy for our programs to better serve our community and meet our patient needs. Treatments we offer include:
- Group psychotherapy
- Individual therapy
- Psycho-educational group therapy
- Occupational therapy
- Art therapy
- Case management
- Mood disorder treatment for young adults
- Family intervention
- Medication management
- Electroconvulsive therapy (therapy involving a brief electrical stimulation)
- Postpartum support
If you or someone you know could benefit from our behavioral health services, please call (305) 285-2629.
Inpatient mental health care
Mercy provides adult and geriatric acute inpatient behavioral health care for a wide range of behavioral health diagnoses, including co-occurring disorders (also known as dual diagnosis). Dual diagnosis refers to patients who have a mental health conditions as well as a substance abuse problem.
Our newly renovated, 32-bed unit combines an environment of safety and comfort for our patients. We are committed to providing high-quality behavioral health treatment to the Miami-Dade community.
Outpatient mental health services
For patients that don't require full-time care, our behavioral health center offers outpatient mental health services. Our Partial Hospitalization Program and Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) allow patients to continue to attend intensive services at the hospital during the day but go home at night. Treatment during a typical day will include a variety of therapies for patients.
Behavioral health unit visitation
We welcome family and friends to visit and provide support to their loved ones. Our visiting hours are Monday through Sunday, from 3:30pm to 5:00pm.