COVID-19 and Pregnancy - An Update for our Patients
We would like to take this opportunity to update you about your maternity care during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, and assure you that our dedicated team of expert nurses, physicians and midwives are committed to providing safe and effective care to every patient who walks through our doors.
Birthing center in Miami-Dade County
In the maternity wing at Mercy Miami Hospital, you can trust our expert practitioners to provide a continuum of care throughout your pregnancy, from preparing for childbirth to heading home with your newborn. We offer customized labor and delivery services and comfortable amenities to ensure your childbirth experience is everything you want it to be.
For more information on our labor and delivery suites, or to schedule a tour, please call our OB Navigator at (305) 285-2122.
Labor and delivery experience you can trust
Each year, close to 1,500 children are born at Mercy Miami Hospital. Our team is committed to providing the support and education parents need during this very exciting, yet sometimes overwhelming, time. Parents in the Miami area choose us as their maternity hospital for:
- A knowledgeable and compassionate staff of medical professionals that includes board-certified obstetricians and certified nurses who understand family-centered care
- Computerized bedside charting, which allows for closer and frequent monitoring of the mother-to-be during labor and more efficient patient tracking throughout your stay
- Skilled anesthesiologists who are available round the clock to see to your needs
- Expert prenatal care, including helpful childbirth classes and preparation workshops
- Access to some of South Florida’s leading perinatologists (maternal fetal medicine specialists) available, should the need arise
Mercy Hospital's lactation consultant walks new moms through the basic of breast feeding and the six tools of attachment parenting.
- Part 1- Connecting with Your Baby- 0:14
- Part 2- Responding to Your Baby's Cues- 1:49
- Part 3- Wear Your Baby- 3:24
- Part 4- Sleeping- 4:52
- Part 5- Breastfeeding- 10:03
- Part 6- Review- 23:59
- Part 7- Trust Your Instincts- 27:40
Our labor and delivery suites
Our elegantly remodeled maternity wing offers private birthing suites and spacious private postpartum suites with stunning views of Biscayne Bay to make this important life moment is as beautiful as it is special.
These labor and delivery rooms (LDRs) offer a comforting environment while providing high-quality care for expectant mothers. Each LDR is equipped with a birthing bed that allows for labor, delivery and recovery to take place in the same room.
Above is a 360° panoramic virtual tour of our facilities. Click and drag the image with a mouse or navigate the tour with a keyboard use the following keys.
Pan left - Use the left arrow key to pan left
Pan right - Use the right arrow key to pan right
Pan up - Use the up arrow key to pan up
Pan down - Use the down arrow key to pan down
Fullscreen - Use the "f" key to view fullscreen
Exit fullscreen - Use the "f" key to exit fullscreen
Rotate panorama - Use the "r" key to start or stop autorotation
Toolbar - Use "t" key to hide/show toolbar
Zoom In - Use "a" or "+" keys to zoom in
Zoom Out - Use "z" or "-" keys to zoom out
Next panorama - Use "n" or page down key
Previous panorama - Use "p" or page up key
Screen reader users can use the Tab key to access alternative text for each scene within the virtual tour. Use Shift + Tab keys to return interactivity to the tour.
Our maternity services don't end once you meet your baby—our postpartum care starts once you are transitioned into one of our private postpartum suites where you can get to know your little one and begin recovery. We also provide you with a wealth of information, including how to bathe, feed and dress your newborns, so you can feel confident as a parent when you are ready to go home.
For more information about our labor and delivery services, call us at (305) 285-2122.
Dedicated neonatal care team
Sometimes newborns need extra attention due to medical condition or complications during childbirth. Our accredited Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) is staffed by neonatologists, neonatal nurse practitioners and specially trained neonatal nurses ready to provide expert, gentle care to your little one, if needed.Our neonatal team recognizes the need for parents to be involved in their baby's care. Parents have 24-hour access to the NICU to ensure they feel connected to their children.
Specialized care for your baby's needs
The NICU team takes pride in offering newborns and their parents a full range of supportive therapies and services, including:
- Kangaroo care (offers skin-to-skin contact for the newborn, which is critical during infancy)
- Breastfeeding support from lactation consultants
- Occupational therapy
- Physical therapy
- Massage therapy
- Social services support
Our birth navigator
Our birth navigator helps you during your pregnancy journey by:
- Ensuring you feel as comfortable as possible as you prepare for your upcoming delivery at our facility
- Helping you and your family navigate through the pregnancy, delivery and postpartum experience so you feel safe, respected and empowered
- Overseeing all maternity tours and classes, providing private tours and coordinating multidisciplinary meetings for high-risk pregnancies
- Serving as a nurse leader, resource, friend and advocate for you and your family
- Working closely with all your maternity clinicians and team members to help provide you with a personalized labor, birth and postpartum experience
Contact our birth navigator
We know planning for a baby can be an exciting and overwhelming time in your life. Our birth navigator is here to ensure you have all your questions answered and feel as comfortable as possible leading up to the big day.